Scotties tryouts took place on May 11 & 12, 2019 at Dwight Merkel (5901 North Assembly Street, Spokane, WA 99205). Additional tryout opportunities may be available for teams needing additional players.
- Birth Year: 2009-2010 10am-11:15am
- Birth Year: 2007-2008 11:45am – 1pm
- Birth Year: 2004-2005-2006 1:30pm – 2:45pm
- Birth Year: 2001-2002-2003 3:15pm-4:30pm
- Birth Year: 2009-2010 10am-11am
- Birth Year: 2007-2008 11:15am-12:15pm
- Birth Year: 2004-2005-2006 12:45pm – 1:45pm
- Birth Year: 2001-2002-2003 2pm – 3pm
Note: The new mandated US Soccer standard of using birth years as the age cutoffs will be in effect for our tryouts. Players will be allowed to “play up” where it’s appropriate for both the player and team. For more information regarding the birth year registration mandate, please visit www.ussoccer.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO SHOULD TRY OUT FOR COMPETITIVE SOCCER?
The Spokane Scotties Soccer Club offers a competitive soccer environment for youth players to compete against teams with similar competitive abilities to enhance their soccer enjoyment. The Spokane Scotties offer both boys and girls teams from U-8 thru U-19.Our teams draw from the ranks of recreational players throughout the Spokane and surrounding vicinity and offer a more competitive level of local/Eastern Washington play.
WHEN CAN I TRY OUT FOR A TEAM?
Tryouts are held each spring in the Spokane area to form teams for the coming season. Team tryouts typically take place in late April or early May.
WHAT IF I AM SICK OR IF I HAVE TO MISS TRYOUTS?
In some cases where unavoidable conflicts arise, alternate accommodations may be possible. Please contact us so we can advise you on how best to proceed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FOR TRAINING AND LEAGUE PLAY?
The Scotties soccer club offers advanced training throughout the year. We want our players to improve their soccer development in a positive and fun environment through continuous training and competition, which includes soccer camps, tournaments and league play. In addition to soccer development we strive for individual player development through teamwork, integrity and respect. The Spokane Scotties Soccer Club is a proud member of US Club Soccer. Our teams compete in the Inland Northwest Division of the Puget Sound Premier League.
WHAT ARE THE ESTIMATED COSTS?
- Combined Club Dues and IEYSA registration fees: COPA U10 $295, COPA U11-19 $495, Classic & Above $595. Club dues support the clubs administrative cost as well as player scholarships. In addition it covers the cost of the team training camp. We believe it’s critical to bring the team together to develop and prepare them physically and work on their technical and tactical skills. The camp is tailored to meet the team’s specific needs. It’s also important to develop team chemistry.
- Basic uniforms are under $100 (typically lasts 2 years)
- Tournaments: Teams generally play 2 to 3 tournaments during the year, with tournament costs varying between $20-35 per player, money is collected when the team registers for a tournament.
- We ensure affordability for all Scotties families by keeping our fees low and offering player tuition options.
ARE THERE COACHING OPPORTUNITIES?
Yes! Our coaches provide the youth of Spokane Scotties the opportunity to participate in recreational and competitive soccer leagues by teaching and demonstrating soccer skills, sportsmanship, honesty, respect and fair play. We provide a safe environment where our youth not only can excel in their soccer skills but also learn the importance of physical fitness in their lives. We provide an atmosphere where the player’s emotional well-being will be nurtured as they learn the importance of teamwork, determination, persistence, and hard work. All members will work towards instilling in our youth the enjoyment and fun aspects of the beautiful game of soccer. The Spokane Scotties Soccer Club is interested in coaches who exhibit a passion and desire to make a difference in a young person’s life. Who holds the values of respect, honesty and character, sportsmanship and fair play.
If this describes you, please contact us at president@SpokaneScotties.com
Coaching Application: Download